Retail foodservice is undergoing a transformation or is it simply a migration from traditional cooking from scratch to Ready-2-eat and heat-N-eat fresh and prepared food. Here are some interesting view of a changing retail food world or not. Maybe the more change the more things are the same.
1. Hudson Riehle stated recently that 26% of chefs ranked smartphone apps as the top restaurant technology trend in 2012. Can anyone be surprised?
2. McDonald's has "promoted" Tweet 2nite that goes to "Party with
#BigMac" & Facebook RSVP link.
3. Google gobbles up restaurant-recommendation app.
4. TaskRabbit raises $17.8M, plans to hop into Seattle with errand service http how many of the errands will be food related? We suspect many.
You better be good because Santa Claus is coming to a White Castle in a town near you this holiday season! More than 370 participating restaurants are hosting Breakfast with Santa from 8 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday, December 17. This is the first year White Castle is hosting Breakfast with Santa.
Up to four children, 12 and younger, eat free with each adult who makes a purchase.
The children’s menu includes:
- A small four-piece French Toast Sticks and small hash rounds with juice or milk
- tne breakfast Slider on a bun and small hash rounds with juice or milk
Foodservice Solutions® specializes in outsourced business development. We can help you identify, quantify and qualify additional food retail segment opportunities or a brand leveraging integration strategy. Since 1991 Foodservice Solutions of Tacoma, WA has been the global leader in the Grocerant niche for more visit http://www.linkedin.com/in/grocerant