Companies that develop a platform that allows meal co-creation; in the car, at the office or at home are winning the heart’s and minds of today’s retail food consumer. The grocerant niche comprised of the ready-2-eat and heat-N-eat fresh and prepared food is driving the success of the retail foodservice today.
1. Visceral presentation; freshness based on how it looks and is presented and digital menu’s.
2. Bundling; the ability to build your meal with components.
3. Individualized portions; power to select quality and quantity of items.
4. Convenience; unit /store location on the drive home from work, packaging.
5. Time Saving; ability to evaluate price vs. time to cook from scratch.
Since 1991 retail food consultancy Foodservice Solutions® of Tacoma, WA has been the global leader in the Grocerant niche for more on Steven A. Johnson and Foodservice Solutions® Bing or Google Grocerants or visit http://www.linkedin.com/in/grocerant, twitter.com/grocerant or Facebook Steven Johnson